Sunday, January 3, 2010

Poker Ships I Won $1300 In A Poker Tournament On A Foreign Cruise Ship. Do I Have To Report This On My Tax Return?

I won $1300 in a poker tournament on a foreign cruise ship. Do I have to report this on my tax return? - poker ships

He won a poker tournament on a cruise ship. I have no other gains or losses for the last year, only $ 1,300. Should I use is below the reporting threshold and I be allowed to claim on my tax return or income? Part of the question, because I won a cruise and a cruise ship is a foreign territory, as it is registered in the Bahamas, you must come into play to get to the Report on foreign soil?

1 comments:

Bostonian In MO said...

Yes, you have to know. U.S. citizens, foreign citizens and residents are taxed on their worldwide income from all sources.

The only way it would be "free" is, whether it's your only source of income for this year. Some of the gambling winnings are not subject to withholding tax, depending on the volume and play. However, the gains are always passive.

Please note that the United States has tax treaties with several countries. The cruise line has everything you need at any cost, if they from the country of registration is required. Do not mess, not worth the risk.

Post a Comment